Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Moving to the Country

Guest post from: Constance Rodgers

My husband and I have been talking about moving to the country not so much because we hate the city but we both really feel a calling to live off the land, if that makes sense. We’ve both always loved fresh produce and that kind of thing and we think that making the transition to living on a farm sounds like a really wonderful way of life for us. There are a lot of things to consider, though, like what we’ll do with our house here in the city and how to get wildblue internet way out there. It’s also going to be a challenge to find enough land to make our home self-sustaining which is our ultimate goal if we go all the way out there. I think it will be a great way to raise our future family and I know the dogs would love it so I think I’m pushing for it even harder than my husband but when it comes down to it we both have to be in agreement about it!

No comments: